How and why to use a notebook
Originally this was a writing about a technique that someone shared with me (called rednote), but I think I can expand a little more the content of this writing giving more advice or reasons why to use a notebook.
Reasons (All these experienced by me):
- You can know yourself: When you write about your thoughts and ideas, you can know more about your way of thinking and acting.
- You can write down ideas you have at the moment: We all know that our ideas come and go, sometimes they come to you so suddenly that you trust yourself and minutes later you forget, with the notebook you will be able to analyze more your ideas already when to be able to analyze it well and to see if it can vary the penalty.
- Note important knowledge: For an autodidact this will be very useful, since here you consider your information more valuable of any type.
- Privacy, being a physical medium I don't think any company can know what you have written (Unless you live in a place full of cameras, but we're still not in a total type 1984).
- If you can, buy a nice notebook, this will force you to use it more, if you can not (like me) then decorate it to your style.
- Use diagrams, drawings or other things to expose your information better.
- Take it everywhere possible, you'll never know when you'll come up with your next great idea.
There are many ways to organize your notebook, you can create one if you want, but here I will leave my traditional way of how I use my notebook.
First you need a symbol (this must have a personal meaning) This should be one that you can carry everywhere, that is, you can draw it with a pen on your palm.
Already done this, the note must have this sections:
- The first pages dedicate them to various motivational sentences and important knowledge but in a simplified or superficial way (Clearly it leaves blank spaces, because eventually you will discover new things).
- Identity: In this section will only have 2 questions: "What's that you'd die for?" "What are your goals?" Also again draw the symbol that you choose
- Questions: are questions that make you curious and want to know.
- Techniques: a detailed description of things that you consider very important to know how to do, from some recipe, to the elaboration of something.
- Protocols: Here's how you consider behaving in any situation that you think you may have like "What to do in the face of fear?" "How to behave in the face of someone new?"
- Discoveries: Here's where you'll put interesting things that you discover and you think they're important.
- Theories: this is very important, here you'll write speculations on a topic that interest you, your reality or your behavior
If you have dangerous knowledge you can develop a coded language
Any question do not hesitate to send me a question in my XMPP I will try to help you.